Wednesday 26th February 2020
POLICE FC vs KCCA FC | 4: 00 pm (EAT)
Startimes Stadium, Lugogo
Startimes Uganda Premier League
Police FC will host Champions KCCA FC in a Lugogo derby at Startimes Stadium, Lugogo
KCCA were 3-2 winners against the Cops in the reverse fixture held at Startimes Stadium. Erisa Sekisambu’s late winner is all KCCA needed to seal the three points in the first leg.
A win for KCCA against the Cops further closes the gap between KCCA and Vipers who will also be playing against Maroons FC at Kitende.
KCCA FC has won 5 of their last 8 games in all competitions while hosts Police FC have not won a game in their last six games played. Collecting 5 losses and one draw.
With 7 games to the end of the league, KCCA FC can not afford to drop points especially in a fixture against a Police side that has struggled to pick points in the second round.
A win could get KCCA to a difference of two points between them and log leaders Vipers if they (Vipers) fail to win against Maroons FC. A draw does not offer many positives to the Champions.
- In the last 20 matches played between both clubs, KCCA has picked up 14 wins and shared spoils six times while hosts Police have not won in 20 games against the Champions.
- KCCA FC has collected 48 points from 20 games played against Police while the hosts have collected six points from 20 games against the Champions.
- KCCA FC has scored 35 goals in 20 games against Police while the hosts have scored 14 goals in 20 games against the reigning Champions
- KCCA FC has scored the most number of goals this term, 41 and conceded half that number while Police has scored 28 goals and conceded 35 in the 23 games played in the league this term.
- KCCA FC has won 14 out of the 23 games played this term, lost 5 and drawn four times. Police have won 7 games out of 23, drawn 4 and lost twelve times this term.
- KCCA FC has scored 16 goals in 11 away games this term while Police have scored 18 goals at 11 home games this term.
- KCCA FC averages 1.78 goals per game. An average of 2.08 goals at home and 1.45 away. Police FC averages 1.35 goals per game this season. An average of 1.64 goals at home and 1.08 goals away from home.
The game comes a little early for John Revita who stepped up his recovery and is now able to run. The colorful defender is expected to return to first-team action soon.
Gift Ali is back to full team training and has overcome a knock he picked up in the game against Vipers on Tuesday last week. He is likely to start in the anchor role.
Mike Mutyaba is out of this one. He took a compassionate leave.
Muzamiru Mutyaba is expected to start in midfield together with Keziron Kizito and Gift Ali Abubakar.
Magambo Peter, Fillbert Obenchan and Kato Samuel could start in defense. In the absence of John Revita and Musa Ramathan who is on suspension.
The defending Champions have scored the most goals this term, 41 and conceded 21 times in the twenty-three games played so far this season and also boast of the best goal difference at 20+
Sam Ssenyonjo and Kizza Bukenya Joseph are out due to license issues.
Teenage Kafumbe Joseph is back to school and so will not feature.
Charles Lukwago, Nunda Jackson and Jurua Hassan are out due to injuries and illness.
In Lukwago’s absence, Julius Poloto will captain the side and will be assisted by Kizza Mustafa
Malyamungu, Mwirusi, Obenchan, Aliro, Kato, Magambo, Kizza, Achai, Musana, Ssenjobe, Gift, Sadam, Keziron, Sserunkuma, Muzamiru, Mutyaba, Ssekisambu, Poloto, Anaku, Odumegwu