Tuesday 3rd March 2020
KCCA FC vs PROLINE FC | 4: 00 pm (EAT)
Startimes Stadium, Lugogo
Startimes Uganda Premier League
Champions KCCA FC will host Proline FC in the Lugogo derby at Startimes Stadium, Lugogo
KCCA were 4-0 winners against Proline in the reverse fixture held at Startimes Stadium.
A win for KCCA against Proline FC further closes the gap between KCCA and Vipers to a point. The log leaders will play three days later, on Friday against Wakiso Giants away.
KCCA FC has won 3 of their last 6 games in all competitions while visitors Proline FC has won 3 of their last 6 games played.
With 6 games to the end of the league, KCCA FC can not afford to drop points especially in a fixture against a Proline side that is bottom of the league.
A win could get KCCA to a difference of one point between them and log leaders Vipers if they (Vipers) fail to win against Wakiso Giants FC. A draw does not offer many positives to the Champions.
- In the last 13 matches played between both clubs, KCCA has picked up 8 wins and shared spoils twice while visitors Proline has won thrice in 13 games against the Champions.
- KCCA FC has collected 26 points from 13 games played against Proline FC while the visitors have collected eleven points from 13 games against the Champions.
- KCCA FC has scored 23 goals in 13 games against Proline while the visitors have scored 9 goals in 13 games against the reigning Champions
- KCCA FC has scored the most number of goals this term, 42 and conceded half that number while Proline has scored 18 goals and conceded 38 in the 24 games played in the league this term.
- KCCA FC has won 15 out of the 24 games played this term, lost 5 and drawn four times. Proline has won 8 games out of 24, drawn 3 and lost 13 times this term.
- KCCA FC has scored 25 goals in 12 home games this term while Proline has scored 7 goals in 12 away games this term.
- KCCA FC averages 1.75 goals per game. An average of 2.08 goals at home and 1.45 away. Proline FC averages 1 goal per game this season. An average of 1.42 goals at home and 0.58 goals away from home.
Samuel Ssenyonjo is now eligible to play after he got his player license from FUFA. The teenager is yet to play a game in the second round.
John Revita is out for an unknown period after he picked up a knee injury in training.
Gift Ali and Musa Ramathan are suspended for this tie and will be back for the Uganda Cup game against Doves FC next week.
Muzamiru Mutyaba is doubtful for this one after he picked up a calf injury last week.
Sadam Juma, Achai Herbert, and Keziron Kizito are expected to return to start in the midfield and to bring creativity to Mutebi’s side.
Magambo Peter, Fillbert Obenchan, Musana Hassan and Kato Samuel could start in defense. In the absence of John Revita and Musa Ramathan who is on suspension.
The defending Champions have scored the most goals this term, 42 and conceded 21 times in the twenty-three games played so far this season.
Kizza Bukenya Joseph will not feature due to license issues.
Teenagers; Kafumbe Joseph and Steven Sserwadda are back to school and so will not feature.
Charles Lukwago, Nunda Jackson and Jurua Hassan are also out due to injuries and illness.
Julius Poloto will continue to captain the side during Lukwago’s absence due to injury.
Malyamungu, Mwirusi, Obenchan, Aliro, Kato, Magambo, Achai, Musana, Ssenjobe, Sadam, Keziron, Sserunkuma, Mutyaba, Ssekisambu, Poloto, Anaku, Odumegwu.
Mike Mutebi on #KCCAPFC
We want to win this derby. It is a big game and we know the magnitude of the tie.
We want to display a very beautiful brand of football to the fans because both teams play passing football.
We are focused on our immediate task which is Proline. We also expect Mike Mutyaba back to the side.
Sadam Juma will fit in during Muzamiru and Gift Ali’s absence.
We have enough to negotiate the tie.Mike Mutebi on #KCCAvsProline