Wednesday 8th January 2020
KCCA FC vs MBARARA CITY FC| 4: 00 pm (EAT) | Startimes Uganda Premier League,
Startimes Stadium, Lugogo
KCCA FC will kick off the second round of the Startimes Uganda Premier League against Mbarara City FC at Startimes Stadium, Lugogo.
The much-anticipated fixture has gathered unimaginable hype around it given the fact that the visitors left it late to collect three points from the Champions away in Mbarara last November.
The game shall be KCCA FC’s first fixture of the second round of the Startimes Uganda Premier League 2019/20 season and the first for the new decade
KCCA FC will be boosted with the return of some players that have been out due to injury and the involvement of a couple of players in the CECAFA Challenge Cup tournament where they emerged victors.
The Champions know a win against Mbarara City FC will get them to 35 points, one away from current league leaders Vipers SC who play later this week.
The defending Champions have scored the most goals this term, 32 and conceded 15 times in the fifteen games played so far this season.
The visitors Mbarara City lie 8th on the log with 19 points from 15 games played this term.
Teenage forwards Sadat Anaku and Sam Ssenyonjo have returned in time from a hamstring injury and fever illness respectively to face the Ankole Lions.
KCCA FC players on loan at Mbarara Ikara Tom will not feature in this game.
Former KCCA FC midfielder has Okwalinga Solomon returns to face his former employers.
Peter Magambo is also back from a lengthy layoff. The lanky man could make the matchday squad. Julius Poloto has also stepped up his rehabilitation and is ready to go again.
Reigning male player of the year Allan Okello (fever), Jurua Hassan (knee) is ruled out due to injury together with Sadam Juma and Jackson Nunda who stepped up their rehabilitation on Tuesday 7th January.
Keziron Kizito and Simon Serunkuma are other players ruled out.
Lukwago, Malyamungu, Mwirusi, Obenchan, Musa, Magambo, Achai, Musana, Kizza, Musana, Kato, Revita, Kasozi, Poloto, Sserwadda, Gift, Muzamiru, Kafumbe, Anaku, Ssenyonjo, Mike Mutyaba, Odumegwu, Ssekisambu,
- KCCA FC has never won a game against Mbarara City FC. Played five games, lost once and drawn four times.
- Mbarara City FC is the only club in the top tier that KCCA FC has never won a game against.
- KCCA FC has scored twice in the five games played against Mbarara City FC.
- The fixture has produced a total of five goals. only two have been scored while at Startimes Stadium, Lugogo.
- Both teams have kept 5 clean sheets in the league this term. Three have been at home and two have been away for both.
- KCCA FC has lost 3 times this season. None of the losses has been at home. Mbarara has last 6 times this season. Twice at home and four times away.
- KCCA FC averages 2.15 goals per match. 2.50 at home and 1.71 away from home. Mbarara averages 1.2 goals per match. An average of 1.00 goals at home and 0.57 away.
In the pre-match presser, Manager Mike Mutebi had this to say;
We want to start the second round and the decade on a high. The only way we can do that is picking maximum points against Mbarara City FC. We face an enterprising side in Mbarara City FC and we expect them to give us a run for their money. The fact is we want to win each and every game we play and try to defend the title.
We have some of our players that were involved in CECAFA and good that some of them have attained that winning status like Revita John and others.
We do not hope to make any new signings this January but rather promote a few youngsters to the senior side.
I will keep handing the youngsters opportunity to play and showcase their ability.
We were top of the scoring charts in the first round with 32 goals but i believe we can do better than that.Mike Mutebi on the league game against Mbarara City FC