Saturday 22nd February 2020
KCCA FC vs EXPRESS FC | 4: 00 pm (EAT)
Startimes Stadium, Lugogo
Startimes Uganda Premier League
Champions KCCA FC will host Express FC in the famous Kampala derby at Startimes Stadium, Lugogo
KCCA were 3-1 winners against the Red Eagles in the reverse fixture held at Kabaka Kyabagu Stadium.
Hosts, KCCA know that a win against Express elevates the club’s points to two behind hosts Vipers SC who lost 3-1 away to URA FC on Friday.
KCCA FC has won 5 of their last 7 games in all competitions while visitors Express has only won 3 of their last 6 games in all competitions.
With 8 games to the end of the league, KCCA FC can not afford to drop points especially in a fixture against old-time rivals Express FC. A win could get KCCA to a difference of two points between them and log leaders Vipers. A draw reduces the deficit by one while a loss maintains the status quo.
Sekisambu Erisa, Sadam Juma, Simon Sserunkuma, Mike Mutyaba, John Revita are the players that are currently playing for KCCA FC but have previously played for Express FC.
- In the last 21 matches played between both clubs, KCCA has picked up 10 wins and shared spoils seven times while visitors Express FC has won 4 times against the Champions.
- KCCA FC has collected 37 points from 21 games played against Express while the Red Eagles have collected 19 points from 21 games against the Champions.
- KCCA FC has scored 33 goals in 21 games against Express FC while the hosts have scored 21 goals in 21 games against the reigning Champions
- KCCA FC has scored the most number of goals this term, 40 and conceded half that number while the Express has scored 27 goals and conceded 34 in the 22 games played in the league this term.
- KCCA FC has won 14 out of the 22 games played this term, lost 5 and drawn thrice. Express FC has won 8 games out of 22, drawn 3 and lost eleven this term.
- KCCA FC has scored 24 goals in 11 home games this term while Express has scored 12 goals at 12 away games this term.
- KCCA FC averages 1.82 goals per game. An average of 2.18 goals at home and 1.45 away. Express FC averages 1.23 goals per game this season. An average of 1.50 goals at home and 1.00 goals away from home.
Julius Poloto, Kato Samuel, Sadat Anaku and Kizza Bukenya are back to full team training and are part of the squad to face Express on Saturday. However, Bukenya might have to wait for his debut until he acquires a league license.
The game comes a little early for John Revita who stepped up his recovery and is now able to run. The colorful defender is expected to return against Police FC next week.
Gift Ali is back training and has overcome a knock he picked up in the game against Vipers on Tuesday.
Mike Mutyaba and Muzamiru Mutyaba are likely not to feature in the game because of the setbacks the got this week. The pair lost their siblings.
Magambo Peter, Musa Ramathan, Musana Hassan or Kato Samuel could start at the heart of the defense. Kato’s return gives the manager other options to choose from.
The defending Champions have scored the most goals this term, 40 and conceded 20 times in the twenty-two games played so far this season and also boast of the best goal difference at 20+
Sam Ssenyonjo is out due to license issues.
Teenage Kafumbe Joseph is back to school and so will not feature.
Nunda Jackson and Jurua Hassan are out due to injury and illness.
Malyamungu, Mwirusi, Lukwago, Obenchan, Aliro, Kato, Magambo, Kizza, Achai, Musa, Musana, Ssenjobe, Gift, Sadam, Keziron, Sserunkuma, Muzamiru, Mike Mutyaba, Ssekisambu, Poloto, Anaku, Odumegwu
In the pre-match presser, Manager Mike Mutebi had this to say;
We are boosted ahead of this game given that some of our players have recovered from injuries.
Expect one or two to walk straight into the starting team. Poloto, Anaku, Kato, Bukenya Kizza are all available for selection and will make the game day squad.
We will take the game so serious given its magnitude and history around it.
It is a derby and derbies are won by teams that show the biggest of character on the day. We need to show that we want to win so that we can keep closing the gap.Mike Mutebi on the league game against Express SC