CAF CONFEDERATION CUP
Sunday 27th October 2019
KCCA FC vs PARADOU ATHLETIC CLUB| 4:00 pm (EAT) |
KCCA FC hosts Paradou A.C in the 2nd preliminary round game at Startimes Stadium, Lugogo.
The tie that will be decided over two legs and thus KCCA FC has the opportunity to host first before traveling to Algiers for the second leg seven days later.
KCCA FC bowed out of the CAF Champions League after a one-all draw that was in the favor of Angola’s Petro de Luanda on aggregate.
The Champions of Uganda know that this round is their final hurdle as far as continental football is concerned at least for this year. An advantage over two legs against the Algerians will ensure KCCA FC qualifies for the group stages of the CAF Confederation Cup for a record second time in the history of Uganda Football.
Coach Mike Mutebi’s charges will be boosted by the return of playmaker Muzamiru Mutyaba who has passed the fitness test ahead of this fixture. Mutyaba picked an injury in the previous CAF game against Petro de Luanda and has not played competitive football since then. The number 10 has trained well with the rest of the team for the past days and is in contention to start against the Algerian side.
Eric Ssenjobe is another player who is back from the sickbay. The left-back took part in a friendly game this week and is part of the squad to play on Sunday.
Julius Poloto has stepped up his rehabilitation and could be back soon
Jurua Hassan, and Sadam Juma are all ruled out due to injury.
John Odumegwu, John Revita, Keziron Kizito, and Erisa Sekisambu are cap tied and will not take part.
- This will be the third time KCCA FC plays at this round in the CAF Confederation Cup. The previous two times saw the club pick home wins against Al Masry (1-0) and AS Otoho (2-0).
- KCCA has never lost a CAF game at the Startimes Stadium, Lugogo
- During Mike Mutebi’s reign, the club has played 30 CAF games Startimes Stadium, Lugogo. 24 CAF games at Startimes Stadium Lugogo and 6 games at Mandela National Stadium, Namboole.
- KCCA FC has won 10 CAF games at Startimes Stadium Lugogo and drawn twice.
- KCCA FC has played six CAF Confederation Cup games at Startimes Stadium Lugogo and has won all the six.
- In the six CAF Confederation Cup games played at Startimes Stadium Lugogo KCCA FC has only conceded thrice against Fus Rabat, Club Africain, and Rivers United.
- KCCA FC has scored thirteen times in the six CAF Confederation Cup games played at Startimes Stadium, Lugogo
Mike Hillary Mutebi who will be coaching KCCA FC for the 31st time in continental football had this to say ahead of this tie;
We expect a tough challenge from PARADOU A.C. They play a good brand of football but we are ready for the challenge. Clubs from the Maghreb region normally use the ball well and this is what we want. Team that play football. Such is what any coach, the players want and the fans too. Muzamiru Mutyaba is back from injury and he is in contention to start this game. He gives us a lot going forward this is what we have been lacking in the previous games. Eric Ssenjobe is back too from injury.
Mike Hillary Mutebi ahead of the CAF Confederation Cup game against Paradou A.C of Algeria