Tuesday 14th January 2020
Bright stars FC vs KCCA FC| 4: 30 pm (EAT) | Startimes Uganda Premier League
Kavumbe Recreation Center, Wakiso
KCCA FC will visit 15th placed Brightstars FC in-game day 17 of the second round of the Startimes Uganda Premier League at Kavumba Recreation Center, Wakiso.
Both clubs won their opening games of the second round and will be hoping to keep the momentum. Brightstars’ win against Bul FC was their second win this term in 16 games played so far.
This will be the host’s second game at Kavumba this term since it was named their new home.
In the first leg, KCCA’s teenager, Steven Sserwadda’s goal canceled out Joseph Janjali’s goal to ensure the game ended one all.
KCCA FC will be boosted with the return of midfielder Steven Sserwadda who missed the previous game due to licensing issues
The Champions know a win against Brightstars FC will get them to 38 points, and thus keep the pursuit for the 14th championship alive.
The defending Champions have scored the most goals this term, 33 and conceded 15 times in the sixteen games played so far this season.
The visitors Brightstars FC lie 15th on the log with 13 points from 16 games played this term.
Teenager Steven Sserwadda is up for selection after overcoming league licensing issues.
KCCA’s hero against Mbarara City, Fillbert Obenchan is likely to be handed a start after his powerful performance in the previous game.
Julius Poloto, Sadat Anaku, and Sam Ssenyonjo still have licensing issues to sort and are doubtful for the trip to Kavumba.
Reigning male player of the year Allan Okello (fever), Jurua Hassan (knee) is ruled out due to injury together with Sadam Juma and Jackson Nunda who stepped up their rehabilitation on Tuesday 7th January.
Keziron Kizito and Simon Serunkuma are other players ruled out.
Lukwago, Malyamungu, Mwirusi, Obenchan, Musa, Magambo, Achai, Musana, Musana, Kato, Revita, Kasozi, Sserwadda, Gift, Muzamiru, Kafumbe, Mike Mutyaba, Odumegwu, Ssekisambu,
- KCCA FC has not lost against Brighstars FC in the last 13 games. Won 9, drawn four times.
- KCCA FC has scored 21 goals against Brightstars in the last 13 games and conceded 8.
- KCCA FC has collected 31 points from 13 games played against Brighstars FC while the hosts have collected four points from 9 games all of which have been drawn.
- KCCA FC has lost 3 times this season. All losses have been away from home. Brightstars has last seven times this season. four times at home and thrice away.
- KCCA FC averages 2.06 goals per match. 2.33 at home and 1.71 away from home. Brightstars averages 0.69 goals per match. An average of 0.44 goals at home and 1.00 away.
In the pre-match presser, Manager Mike Mutebi had this to say;
We have some players who are likely not to feature. Allan Okello is out with malaria, Kizza is available but with licensing issues.
The same applies to Anaku, Ssenyonjo, Opio and Poloto. Others like Sadam, Nunda and Jurua are still out and undergoing rehabilitation.
We exepect a tough match from our opponents and we have a squad of 19 cleared players who we believe can give us the result we need in Kavumba.Mike Mutebi on the league game against Brightstars FC