Tuesday 18th February 2020
VIPERS SC vs KCCA FC | 4: 00 pm (EAT)
St Mary’s Stadium, Kitende
Startimes Uganda Premier League
Champions KCCA FC will visit table leaders Vipers SC at St Mary’s Stadium, Kitende.
KCCA were 1-0 winners against the Venoms in the reverse fixture held at Startimes Stadium, Lugogo
The visitors, KCCA will be boosted by their recent victory in the round of 32 of Uganda Cup and ensuring they get to the round of 16, thanks to Magambo and Obenchan’s second-half strikes.
KCCA FC has won 5 of their last 6 games in all competitions while hosts Vipers have won 3 of their last 6 games in all competitions.
With 9 games to the end of the league, KCCA FC can not afford to drop points especially in a fixture against log leaders Vipers. A win could get KCCA to a difference of two points between them and Vipers. A draw keeps the status as it is while a loss makes the situation uglier.
Sekisambu Erisa, Sadam Juma, Simon Sserunkuma, Keziron Kizito are the players that are currently playing for KCCA FC but have previously played for Vipers SC.
- In the last 20 matches played between both clubs, KCCA has picked up 6 wins and shared spoils five times while hosts Vipers SC has won 9 times against the Champions.
- KCCA FC has collected 23 points from 20 games played against Vipers while the Venoms have collected 32 points from 20 games against the Champions.
- KCCA FC has scored 25 goals in 20 games against Vipers SC while the hosts have scored 28 goals in 20 games against the reigning Champions
- KCCA FC has scored the most number of goals this term, 40 and conceded half that number while the Venoms have scored 32 goals and conceded 12 in the 21 games played in the league this term.
- KCCA FC has won 14 out of the 21 games played this term, lost 5 and drawn twice. Vipers SC has won 15 games out of 21, drawn 4 and lost twice this term.
- KCCA FC has scored 16 goals in 10 away games this term while Vipers have scored 13 goals at 10 home games this term.
- KCCA FC averages 1.9 goals per game. An average of 2.18 goals at home and 1.60 away. Vipers SC averages 1.52 goals per game this season. An average of 1.30 goals at home and 1.73 goals away from home.
Muzamiru Mutyaba is back to full fitness and is likely to start in the midfield against Vipers SC. The number 10 scored the only goal against Vipers SC in the reverse fixture.
Julius Poloto, Kato Samuel, Sadat Anaku will face a late fitness test to determine their participation in this game. The trio trained with the team in the last training ahead of this fixture.
The game comes a little early for John Revita who stepped up his recovery and is now able to run.
Magambo Peter is likely to keep his place at the back and could partner Musa Ramathan, Musana Hassan or Kato Samuel is passed fit to play.
The defending Champions have scored the most goals this term, 40 and conceded 20 times in the twenty-one games played so far this season and also boast of the best goal difference at 20+
Nigerian John Odumegwu has also recovered from injury and could make the traveling squad to Kitende.
Teenager Steven Sserwadda could make the trip to Kitende a place where he will seat his advanced level education final exams from this year.
Sam Ssenyonjo is out due to license issues.
Nunda Jackson and Jurua Hassan are out due to injury and illness.
Malyamungu, Mwirusi, Lukwago, Obenchan, Aliro, Magambo, Kato, Kizza, Achai, Musa, Musana, Ssenjobe, Gift, Sadam, Keziron, Sserunkuma, Muzamiru, Mike Mutyaba, Ssekisambu, Poloto, Anaku.
In the pre-match presser, Manager Mike Mutebi had this to say;
We are fired up ahead of this game. We want to close the gap between us and the leaders.
We have no pressure and this is not that title decider. We will take it like any other game.
We shall play our way and hopefully we can pick the maximum points against Vipers SC.Mike Mutebi on the league game against Vipers SC